What if I told you that the holy grail of orgasms has nothing to do with an intricate sex position, a magic pill, or even a partner? This ‘secret’ is a technique called edging, otherwise known as orgasm control, and it allows anyone of any experience level to incorporate in their arsenal of bedroom tricks. Additionally, you may hear it being referred to as ‘surfing’ or ‘peaking’. This pleasure practice focuses on delaying climax one or more times during intercourse or masturbation, stoking a slow, intentional burn that will result in a fiery explosion like no other.
Think of the amplified feeling of gratification that happens the moment you finally achieve a sneeze, after losing it several times beforehand. The first climax after partaking in edging is much like that coveted sneeze, if you can imagine it being relocated to an erogenous zone. Just like a delayed sneeze, the more times you ‘lose’, or delay your orgasm, the more powerful it becomes.
Bringing yourself to the brink of climax is not for everyone; the 60 second orgasm may be your cup of tea, and that is a wonderful thing! Overall, the purpose is to tantalize, not to torment. Successful edging, which requires equal parts patience and self-control, serves a valuable purpose when it comes to harnessing sexual energy.
- Deeper, more intuitive understanding of your and/or your lover’s body, knowing when that moment of ecstacy will happen, and how to control it
- A great introduction to BDSM. Edging is a common form of power exchange, as an exhibition of power and control on behalf of the Dominant partner. A set of restraints is a staple for maintaining control over your partner
- Results in increased stamina for both men and women
- Excellent natural option for male ejaculation control
- Learning to know your partner’s physical signs and cues, including breathing, body movements, and physical reactions
- Throwing in the towel because orgasms are, um, awesome. Why wait?
Tips & techniques:
- Get creative! You are not limited to just foreplay here. The fun part about edging is that it can be a grab bag of whatever stimulation you prefer - whether you incorporate penetration or not
If you are new to edging, don’t get discouraged! It may take a few weeks or a couple months until you’ve perfected your technique. Like anything worth waiting for, patience is a virtue, young grasshopper.
This article was originally written for TickleKitty.com.